The Family Support Team works with eligible families in Strafford County. Services are offered to families as a whole, rather than to the individual with a disability. It is based on issues identified by families, rather than by professionals.
Some of the supports available include:
- Autism Supports
- Respite Services to give families a needed “break”
- Respitality Program a special night away for caregivers
- In Home Supports
- Parent-to-Parent Program: Opportunities for families to meet and/or share information and experiences
- High School Transition: Assistance with planning for transition from school to work or adult services
- Futures Planning
- Recreation and Summer Camps: Assistance with accessing recreation programs and summer camps.
- Parent Training including scholarships to attend conferences and workshops
- Funding assistance to help pay for needed supports including home modifications or other adaptive equipment
- Information and referral to services and resources including: Department of Health and Human Services for programs such as APTD, Food Stamps, Healthy Kids, or Medicaid as well as Federal Programs such as Social Security Disability and SSI.
- The Technology Lending Center (TLC) which offers a variety of assistive technology products that can be borrowed by families to try out for a period of 30 days.
The Strafford County Family Advisory Council oversees the Family Support budget and also advises the team regarding services provided to families. Council members are individuals residing in Strafford County who have a family member with a disability. Please contact us at 603-516-9300 if you want to learn more about the council or if you have any questions about services or benefits for your family.